To celebrate the launch of Arigato, we've created a great DIY guide that shows you how to make this adorable felt sushi.
- craft knife or sharp scissors
- cutting surface
- felt sheets in the following colors: dark pink, light pink, orange, tan, white, light green, dark green
Purchase materials through our affiliate link to support Chalkboard & Canvas!
To get started, you'll need to cut your felt to the following dimensions:
- dark & light pink (fish): 1.5 in. x 6 in.
- dark green (seaweed): .5 in. x 6 in. for nigiri, 1.5 in. x 6 in. for sushi roll
- white & tan (white & brown rice): 1.5 in. x 12 in.
- green (avocado): .5 in. x 1.5 in.
- orange (carrot): .5 in. x 1.5 in.
Sushi is an art form, and sushi chefs pride themselves on their knife skills. So take your time and make sure to cut straight, uniform pieces. It'll look awesome!
Once your prep is done, it's time to assemble. The felt naturally sticks to itself, and your kids can unroll and rebuild these alllllllll day.
Your kids can mix and match these basic pieces to dream up all kinds of different combinations!
Roll on over to our store to get your hands on Arigato—it's only six bucks, and it's the perfect companion for the delightful felt sushi you're about to create.
Go forth and play!